Friday, September 16, 2005

Top ten in progress

I mentioned a while back that I am working on compiling my top ten metal/hard rock albums of 1985. I have written out a list of 20 some albums from that year that I feel are the best albums I know of. Then I listen to them to determine which ten will make the top ten. Then once I have my top ten, I will set about to determine the order they go in and post it here in December. So I have been listening to a number cds and albums from 1985. A couple have even earned a spot in the top ten so far, but I cannot reveal who they are. I did want to make a note about Metal Church's debut. It was originally released independently in 1984 then Elektra heard them , signed them and re-released the album in 1985. I have known about this for 20 years, but had always really thought of it as a 1985 release. Upon consideration, I think that I will have to go by the original release date of 1984. This means it cannot be considered for my top ten of 1985 and it certainly would have earned a spot, but it did not make my 1984 top ten because that was just such a crowded year for good albums. Right now, I think there are two serious contenders for best album of 1985 and the other eight spots are fairly open as. I think the first four or five will be determined fairly quickly, but the last couple may take some consideration and even require some extra listenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home