Friday, February 03, 2006

What's up my sleeve?

I am taking a one day break from vinyl week to update what I am working on. My wife and I have two large jars that we put our change into and when we fill them up we go and splurge on something. The other day we had filled the jars after about a year and a half of saving. After cashing the change at the bank we decided to buy a new TV. We have had a 19 inch TV for almost seven years. So we bought a 27 inch flatscreen one. How does this relate to my blog? Well, now the new TV has inspired me to do Movie Week. Not just any movies, but hard rock and metal movies. It will probably be in two weeks from now because that will allow me time to watch the films. I believe that I am going to review Airheads, Rockstar, Wayne's world, Trick or treat and Decline of western civilization 2. Plus I will probably write up something about This is Spinal Tap, it doesn't need a review because we know it's good, but I will write something relating to it. So that is on it's way.
The next big thing started with the list I wrote on Monday about rare vinyl bargains I have. One of my choices was an album by a band called Medieval. After making the post, I was searching and found that they recently got back together and are planning on recording. One of my friends suggested I contact them and try to see if they would do an interview for my blog. I asked them if they would and they said yes. Wow, a chance to interview a band that I loved almost 20 years ago. Now I need to come up with some questions, send them off and see what happens. I am very excited about this. You can check out their website here.
http://medieval-kills.com/
Tomorrow I will have my review of Ozzy's The Ultimate Sin on album. That will conclude vinyl week.

9 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

I was browsing through one of our megastores last night and saw a CD by anothe rband that seems to have reunited in the past few years under my radar: Bang Tango. Go figure.

I am hoping that when you review the Decline of WC II you can let us know how to get it on DVD! I searched pretty hard a couple of years ago and could only find a few VHS copies, whcih does me no good.

I'd love to see your review of Metallica's recent (2004?) movie, too. I heard good things but didn't get to it.

-- david

4:23 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Congrats at scoring the interview. You have to be stoked about that.

Aside to david: If you are a big Hatfield fan you might want to take a pass. On 'Some kind of monster', he comes off as a bit of an ass. I pesonally enjoyed it though.

4:37 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Ben: It would be a fun idea indeed to do a joint entry with each person's favorite moments from the film!

Fuzz: I heard he was a bit overbearing ... but that the movie was better than the album. Like most people, I was disappointed with the album and hope the movie is better.

Mark, Ben, AND Fuzz: I have sounded a call for quick assistance on my site--please stop by when you are able to take a few minutes to lend me your thoughts on some previous posts.

Thanks!

-- david

5:48 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ben-I would love write something with you about Tap. Just let me know.

David-I wish Decline 2 was on dvd. I am going to have to view my old vhs to review it because it has not been released on dvd as far as I know. Bang Tango is actually just singer Joe LeSte and a backing band, he is the only original member in the current line-up. He has a band called Beautiful Creatures and in between gigs with them he pulls members from that band and some other guys and goes on the road as Bang Tango. I think they are touring with the Bullet boys and Stephen Pearcy right now.

Fuzzbox-Thanks.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

enjoy your TV Mark ;)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ben- I like the idea of each of us doing a spoof critique of the other albums. If you want to e-mail me then you can at markmc@carr.org.

12:05 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

I'm assuming that "Decline...II" is the metal one. I thoroughly enjoyed that one when I first saw it. Mark, have you thought about "American Pop"? There isn't a lot of metal in it(the story ends in the late 70s, IIRC), but it might be worth a look-see.

David- if you're talking about the documentary they made while recording "Some Kind of Monster", I saw it on Vh1 not too long ago, and yes, James did come across as an asshole. It was still pretty good though.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-Yes, Decline 2 is the metal one, the first one is about punk rock. I have never seen American Pop. I reviewed Thunderstruck here back in the early fall. It had a little to do with AC/DC, but not as much as I would have liked. I think that is the only movie review that I have written here, but I wrote a bunch on Amazon like four an five years ago.

12:11 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

American Pop is an animated film that follows a family from the time they arrive at Ellis Island in the early 1900s up through the late 70s or early 80s. There's a lot of good music in it. If you can find it, you should check it out.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home