Sunday, March 05, 2006

Where is everyone and what's coming up?

Some great bloggers seem to be taking breaks as Ben Heller, Pixie and T-bone all seem to be on breaks from their respective blogs. Maybe everyone is getting their taxes done or perhaps it's just a busy time of year. Anyway I am still trying to find time and come up with topics so I can keep plugging along. Only about another three months and I will have been doing my blog for a year, doesn't seem like it has been that long. I don't have anything spectacular coming up, but I do have more reviews that I hope to get to. So hopefully coming up over the next week and a half will be:

Dream Theater-Octavarium review
Acid King- 3 review
The top ten band line-up upgrades
The top ten band line-up downgrades
Another battle of the bands

Also some time soon I hope to have my first book review which will be on a Young Adult novel that I read back in August called 'Heavy metal and you' by a young author named Chris Krovatin.

4 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Maybe it is just the end of winter blues.

9:34 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Mark, I made mention of the same thing over at my place. Seems like it's all happening at once. Keep up the good work.

12:45 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Way cool. I am eager to read what you think of Octavarium--which I just listened to in its entirety on a long flight--and also to read a book review from you! Good stuff.

As I said to Ben, the recent dropouts in our blog circle seem to be from burnout. His pace--which you have never been far behind--is barely short of amazing given that the posting thing isn't his "real" job. Please pace yourself, I don't want to lose you, too. You, Fuzz, Bruce, and Ranea are among the select few that i try to check out on a regular basis despite life's demands. Stay with us, man--don't give up!

-- david

1:46 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

ranea-Actually my year isn't until June, but that's not too far away. I pluggged along for several months when virtually no one was reading my blog.

fuzzbox-Could be, fuzz. March is the month were everyone is just ready for the cold weather to end.

Bruce-I just read your entry and left a comment.

David-I need to listen to Octavarium again before reviewing it, but I have not been as big on this band over the last ten years as I was during the 92-95 period.

I may at times go down to just 4-5 posts per week, but I have had a lot of ideas lately. I also try to come with topics that allow me to write, but are a little less time consuming like top ten lists, quick reviews, theme weeks, battle of the bands and what are you listening to.

fredcq-Usually I don't know very far in advance what I will write about. I just have had more ideas than usual lately and I have started to write more short reviews.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home