Thursday, July 27, 2006

Music Blogs

I am pleased that there seems to be a number of new music blogs popping up. Some are all metal and some are other kinds of music. I think music blogs and the people that write them are a little different than other bloggers in some ways. By writing about just one thing you probably limit yourself as to the number of people who may visit your blog. However if people are into it then they will find you and it also helps to seek out new music blogs as well. I read a lot of different blogs regularly, but being a music blogger means I can relate a little better to these types of blogs. I love music blogs even if I am not familar with all of the music that is being discussed. I love them because they are written by fans and fans don't have supervisors or editors or outside pressures so they are honest. Even if I don't always agree with what is being said, I respect it and I love to see different opinions. I remember reading Hit Parader and Metal Edge in the 80's and they were overall fluff. Magazines like Metal, Metal Mania and Rip (for a while) were a little more down to earth and on target. Still these guys were writing for an audience and music bloggers are writing because they like music and they want to talk about it. Don't get me wrong, I read metal sites and magazines and I respect a lot of those writers too, but I am very grateful to have both sides of the coin. So support your music blogs, leave comments, add their links and spread the word. I also said the word love more in this one entry than I have in the entire last year I have been blogging so maybe I should be smacked for that.

11 Comments:

Blogger TT Quick said...

Hi Mark:
I appreciate your support of a newcomer like myself doing Metal Mixtape.

Thanks,
Theodore

9:20 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I like music blogs but I like it when they mix it up with other topics also.

11:14 AM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

I unfortunately am not nearly as prolific as you are, that said I like doing my music blog, but can't find the time to read all the ones I like.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Theodore-You are welcome.

Fuzz-I thought mine was about as mixed-up as you could get. Oh, wait now I understand what you are saying.

T-bone-It's hard to find the time to read a lot of blogs some times.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading music blogs, as well, mainly because music has been such a big part of my life. Other than baseball, there's nothing I love talking about more than music, and that's the biggest reason I include it in my blog.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-I like partial music blogs a lot too. You, Fuzz, David and Fred all do great jobs of writing about music as well as other topics.

Webpirate-You should keep it around for a while. Maybe you will be inspired and come back to it. I would offer to take it, but I struggle to keep this one blog afloat as it is.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Excellent post, I think I just might have to link to it whenever I get the chance.

2:20 PM  
Blogger José Carlos Santos said...

that is very true. i'm now fortunate enough to write for both sides of the equation, with my recent blog, and, running the risk of sounding like a schizo, i really do feel very differently about my writing depending on where i'm writing to. i guess it's the purer fanboy vs mr.journalist duality. everyone needs a bit of both. :)

also, theodore's comment reminded me to also thank you for your support for too.many.records., i really appreciate it.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new york car insurance
geico car insurance
antique car insurance
low cost car insurance online
car insurance group
free online car insurance quote
car insurance in new jersey
tesco car insurance
low cost car insurance
online car insurance
classic car insurance
norwich union car insurance
online auto insurance quote
aig car insurance
best car insurance
aig car insurance
car
insurance philadelphia

car insurance houston
progressive car insurance quote
new york car insurance
car insurance rate
in car insurance
teen car insurance
car accident insurance
geico car insurance
auto insurance company
best car insurance rate
car insurance group
car insurance rating
rental car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
buy car insurance online

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home