Friday, November 02, 2007

Interview with Andy McCoy

Andy McCoy is the guitarist for legendary glam rock band Hanoi Rocks. The band's origins date back to the late 1970's. They released several albums between 1981 and 1984 before breaking up in the mid 1980's. The band reformed a few years ago and have a new album out called "Street Poetry". I recently interviewed Andy to find out more about the new album.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



MM-Did you approach writing and recording “Street Poetry” differently from previous albums?AM: Yeah. We actually sat down as a band and arranged everything.

MM-The lyrics on the new album seem a little more serious at times than on your other albums. Do you think that is true and if so then why?
AM: Yes this is true. The whole world is more serious these days so it reflects in (my) our writing.

MM-How do you keep yourself motivated at this point in your career?
AM: God has given me a gift to write, so I see it as my responsibility to give people a chance to listen to the work. I also paint a lot. You can check out my website and see some of it, and the pure joy of playing to a live audience is irreplaceable and more than enough to keep one motivated.

MM-It seems that glam and hard rock have started to become more popular so far this decade. Do you think glam and hard rock are making a comeback and if so then what role do you see Hanoi Rocks playing at this point?
AM: Glam? I dunno,however hard real Rock ‘n Roll is very in rooted. It would be hard to imagine a world without it. Yeah a big comeback.

MM-What kind of influence do you think Hanoi Rocks have had on other bands over the years?AM: Well more than I could ever imagine. Just look around, it´s rather obvious there are a million clones of Michael and I.( Andy gives a modest smile)

MM-How do you think the Hanoi Rocks of this decade is different from the version in 1980’s?AM: The level of experience is on a totally different plateau, so the playing and writing is more mature.

MM-Any plans to tour the Unites States any time soon?
AM: We would love that. We are just waiting for the right band to tour with, and timing is important! We will be there at some point!

MM-Do you have any goals in your music career that you have yet to achieve?
AM: Yes, To write the perfect song. Something I consider I haven´t done yet.

MM-Anything else you would like to say about the band or the new album?
AM: The bands perfect! The new record Street Poetry is an achievement is something I AM VERY Proud of! New, yet classic Hanoi Rocks. Thank you and all the love to my (our) fans. Bepatient, will be there (USA) and bring this R 'N ROLL circus to a city close to you!


Thanks to Andy for doing the interview. If you have yet to hear “Street Poetry” then I suggest you check it out because it is a killer.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoirocksofficial
http://www.andymccoy.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home