Sunday, January 18, 2009

Top ten albums of 1980

Photobucket
I recently re-visited my top ten list for 1980 and made changes as I saw fit. So here it is as it currently stands.

Top ten albums

1)Rush-Permanent Waves
2)Motorhead-Ace of spades
3)Judas Priest-British Steel
4)Black Sabbath- Heaven and hell
5)Ozzy- Blizzard of Ozz
6)Iron Maiden-s/t
7)Scorpions-Animal Magnetism
8Van Halen- Women and children first
9)Saxon-Wheels of steel
10)Budgie-Power Supply

This year saw some the NWOBHM open up and some veteran British acts (Sabbath, Ozzy, Budgie) bounced back. AC/DC ended their consistently streak by releasing the highly overrated "Back in black". KISS got even worse and other than Van Halen the American scene was looking and sounding tired.

I'll have the list for 1981 out next week.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Sabbath would #1 for me with Maiden #2.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Heaven and hell is good and a huge comeback. Still the second half of it isn't nearly good as the first half.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, Chris from Live4metal here. Rush beats Ace of Spades ? This is some kind of early April fools, right ?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Chris-My favorite Rush album, my third favorite Motorhead album.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes sense then! I never really got into Rush..too rock orientated for me. Out of interest, I'd love to see your Motorhead top 5!

2:09 PM  
Blogger John said...

Great list. Every album on this list rips, with Maiden's self titled being my favorite of their whole career, to bad it wasn't produced by Martin Birch though. You know, so it would actually sound heavy. haha.
Back in Black is so overrated. I think the only song on that record I actually still really enjoy listening to is Shoot to Thrill. The others I can do without.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home