Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SardoniS-s/t

Photobucket
Electric Earth
2010


I am fortunate to get quite a bit of music and sometimes I run behind getting the music reviewed in as timely a manner as I would like to. Now for this particular disc I could say it's because I received the same time as a number of others discs and that's why it took me a while to get to it. Perhaps it's because the cover is very dark and didn't stand out at first. However after hearing the disc the most likely reason may be that Belgium's SardoniS was so heavy that it fell to the bottom of the stack. This instrumental album is just two guys creating all these sounds, but they certainly crank it out. In recent weeks I have gotten several discs where the sound is low and I have to adjust my stereo to hear it properly. In this case when tracks like "Skullcrusher AD" I had to lower the volume because the sound was so overwhelming. Indeed this two man doom/stoner outfit are conjuring up some blood pumping songs in the style of Black Sabbath, but lots of swirling grooves frequent pace and mood changes. It's not all sludge either because there a few times where they get a wild hair and bring in some thumping classic style metal charges that will run you over if you are not careful. This is a collection of well-crafted tracks that hit like a sledgehammer. Well worth checking out.

www.myspace.com/sardonis666

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sybil law said...

Oooh - haven't heard of them. I'll definitely check it out!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home